HR Structure and Capability
This component aims to review the organization’s HR strategy; HR Target Operating model; practices and the HR capability to drive your people strategy aligned to deliver business results.
DID YOU KNOW? Our global benchmark data shows that the Theme– Implementation of HR policies consistently contributed the most in percentage terms, towards building the overall capability of this component. Do you have well documented and well understood people policies and processes to enable effective decision making? Do you review and improve them regularly through engaging employees for effectiveness?
For HR function’s contributions to be relevant to an organizations business agenda it needs to be measured against matrices that go beyond those such as number of people in a given period, number of man-days of training completed, cost of compensation and benefits. Progressive organizations measure their HR function’s contributions by the value and outcomes they create to support the company’s business objectives and for the key stakeholders such as employees, business leaders, customers, investors and communities. HR Structure and HR Capability form the foundation of HR function’s ability to meet such high level of expectations of both internal and external stakeholders. The following strategic questions guide you towards desired outcomes for this component.
Our Deliverables include:
1.People and HR Strategy
- An understanding of the current state of your HR Capability
- Develop People Strategy aligned to business
- Create a roadmap for various HR Programs, initiatives with clearly defined success measures, timelines, responsibilities, budget etc
- Develop mechanism to review, monitor and measure the impact on the business and organization
2.Build or Realign HR Capability and function
- Design HR Organization structure and Target Operating Model and agree on the roadmap
- Create HR Policies and Processes along with appropriate technology solutions aligned with market best practices
- Design HR efficiency and effectiveness metrics based on deliverables to business
- Assess the HR Capability and Staffing requirements based on People and HR Strategy
- Provide interim HR Head / Manager and HR Team till the function is fully set up
3. Support change management and communication
- Participate in monitoring and reviewing of transformation projects implementation
- Support institutionalizing the changes implemented and new ways of working