What are the advantages of being a certified ICE Cube Practitioner?
ICE© CUBE is a technology enabled, scalable, diagnostic tool, underpinned by a validated model for human capital management. The expertise that went into designing and developing the instrument is exhaustive. In order to be able to effectively interpret the results and plan a strategy for the organization, it is important that a practitioner is equipped with a good understanding of the tool and it’s potential. Some key aspects of the certification program are:
- The tool gives a comprehensive report with visuals and diagnostic scripts that offers powerful insights. The certification workshop will enable the practitioner to interpret and create strategic roadmaps for their clients
- Sharing of tool research and its intellectual foundations and human capital practices
- Generate an understanding of the capability maturity model for developing the ~170 themes at three levels to assess 20 components (and several sub-components) under 5 dimensions of human capital management.
- Share some of the findings from the benchmarking data to understand correlations and some interrelationships from the data
- Learn to interpret the report for the clients along with FAQ which is critical to support the clients to accelerate towards solution building.
- Support in the creation of the solution building workshop design and material. Facilitate a thorough understanding of key interrelationships between themes, components and dimensions.
- Thirty one themes across many of the components have a fairly thorough check list of questions to respond on the practices of the organisations. These form an integral part of benchmarking data to identify patterns and establish good practices. The certification workshop will support the practitioner learn the solutioning process.
The ICE CUBE certification: Diagnosis needs a lot of time interviewing leaders and managers, conducting face to face focus groups, collecting data, preparing reports and influencing clients with the recommendations. ICE Cube tool pulls all this together and therefore supports practitioners and corporates in many different ways.
- Independent practitioners, boutique firms: Small firms always have capacity challenges for diagnosis, time management and execution. The tool supports them as a strategic, reliable partner, a powerful alternative and/or additional support to accelerate a diagnosis with multiple respondents in multiple locations.
- Large organisations: If you are a large organisation with wide geographic foot print and/ior multiple businesses, you may require several diagnoses simultaneously to fast forward towards solution building and execution of strategic roadmaps. You would therefore require several licenses to be used in a defined span of time. It would be beneficial for a few of your managers to be certified to guide users within, even while an I Cube Relationship Manager would be attached to support your organisation.
- Large consultancy firms : Several global/regional/country firms would have different practices eg strategy, human capital, finance, operational, risk, marketing etc.,. Many of these firms may not have human capital diagnostic tools to serve their clients. The tool would help by supporting speedy diagnoses for several organisations. Enterprise licenses to deploy the diagnostic tool for their clients might be hugely valuable for them, before offering customised solutions and take up projects for execution. Immensely valuable for clients to speed up execution.
A process of shortlisting and assessing the consultants would be completed to ensure that the tool is professionally leveraged for its intended purpose.
How long is the certification and what would be the broad design?
NOTE FOR DEVELOPER: (INSERT VISUAL OF class room with people, analytics and a facilitator)
The certification process will be led by the core practitioners who contributed to building the tool and the underlying model. The process will take 2 days, with hands-on practice to read and interpret a report, from their own sample assessment to be completed prior to the workshop. In addition, the participants will learn about the foundations of the tool and analyses of correlation studies and other data to be able to absorb the power of the tool and answer clients’ questions.
Typical design of the workshop:
- Pre workshop homework including assessment of the tool for your experience and learning
- Conceptual clarity- distinguish between people and HR capability
- Differentiate between transactional-value added- strategic HR with examples
- The model- why pentagon, what are the dimensions, components, themes- definitions and intellectual foundations
- Principles and parameters of construction of the tool- understanding of the capability maturity model, design of the questions beneath the themes and measures
- Benchmarking studies- approach and how it is being leveraged on an ongoing basis for the management of the tool
- Design of the report, how to read and interpret for the clients
- How to create customised reports as offerings that provides further insights and solutions
- How to use the facilitator guide
- Session on Facilitation skills
- Client interface- preparatory toolkit
- Commercials, Administration and back end support process
- Repository of knowledge and availability of resources for other services/practices
As an independent consultant, how will this certification help in my consulting business?
(NOTE FOR DEVELOPER: a small visual with consultant and a client meet)
Many independent consultants do not have access to a web-enabled tool that they can leverage anywhere in the world with user-friendly process to diagnose their clients’ human capital needs. The tool helps practitioners to:
- Access the tool anywhere in the world with a user friendly process
- Use the modular facility available in the tool, based on client needs- you have a choice to diagnose two/three/four or all five dimensions and therefore complete diagnosis in phases
- Accelerate solution building with clients for consulting assignments, instead of investing a week or two on interviewing several leaders/managers at client sites, capturing interview notes and translating them into meaningful reports.
- Discuss a structured model with the client in diagnosing the three areas- capability, effectiveness and importance which will give a prioritised action roadmap.
- Use the repository of benchmarking data to provide customised, meaningful solutions
How will this help me as a certified practitioner, working in a global or local organisation?
NOTE FOR DEVELOPER: (Show a group of people and a practitioner)
Large organisations with multiple locations and multiple businesses built either organically or inorganically might like to identify the strategic people agenda for its growth markets or businesses.
This tool will help practitioners inside those organisations to:
- Conduct a dipstick across markets simultaneously in a short span of time
- Internally benchmark the organisation on its human capital roadmap for key countries/businesses
- Identify key components from the tool that need next level of in-depth audit, linked to business needs
How will it help me if I am working for a large consultancy firm?
It is established that clients are interested in investing in solutions and execution of key assignments to enhance business performance, than spend a lot of money and time on diagnosis. They are willing to go through the diagnosis only if supports an objective process and a quick diagnosis- not an elaborate one. Progressive organisations want to leverage technology and speed of execution. It helps large firms to use ICube tool to accelerate the process (scalable) and then swiftly shift to implementation of agreed roadmap for the clients.